Monday, April 4, 2011

A wise fool is a quiet fool

This quote from Pedro Feliciano prompted my latest blog post:
"I will show him in the Subway Series when I strike out Ike Davis," Feliciano said. "When I jump up and down on the mound I’ll be like, 'That’s for you.'''

I believe that players should speak less, listen more and save their "payback" for when they play.
I'm very surprised that Feliciano would say something as ignorant and DUMB as what he said.
It really does sound like sour grapes. At first, I was sorry that the Mets let Feliciano go but maybe Sandy and his crew really do believe that he's burnt out and signing him to a two year deal was one year too much and for money that he was not worth.
When teams post comments from the opposition as a way to fire them up, it might backfire or may be lost in the preparation before the game, but why give ammo to the other guys?
In this case, I say thanks Pedro for those encouraging words and we'll see you on the ball field.

Let's Go Mets!!

No comments: