Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Bad News for NY with five days until the opener

Daniel Murphy, who was starting to come around at the plate this spring, is now reported to be out from 2 to 6 weeks with a sprained MCL in his right knee.
Obviously this opens the way for Mike Jacobs to be the Mets starting 1B but also allows for one more 'on the bubble' person to make the roster.
I'm not a big Jacobs fan as I watched him play for the Marlins while living in Miami. He is an avg defensive player and a very hot/cold hitter.
Chris Carter is my choice to get the final roster spot. He can be a backup at first and has some pop in his bat.
The concern to me still remains the pitching...ALL OF IT.
I hope in the next five days Santana can find out why he's been getting hit of late, Pelfrey and Maine can find some consistency, and Perez? Well I don't know what anyone can do for this guy.

One more of spring training in Port Saint Lucie and then the Mets travel to Tampa/St. Pete to play two games with the Rays.

I am one to hope that Jose Reyes is penciled in on Monday versus the Marlins.

No comments: