Friday, June 22, 2007

Mets vs. Oakland

As we head into another series against a team who made the playoffs last year, the Mets just seem to be a team without much heart and no "in-your-face" attitude.
I'm not really sure what to expect tonight. I've been a fan of this team for over 40 years and have lived through a lot of droughts and some exciting times. This year's team does not have the same zest that last year's team showed. I am wondering if they will even make it to the playoffs--Atlanta and Philadelphia are right behind them and though they are inconsistent, how long will that last?
Glavine goes for this sixth win of the season and number 296 of his career tonight as the A's Lenny Dinardo who is 2-3 with a ERA over 2.
I've watched a number of games with the A's and they have that never say die and a fight attitude that I respect. I want the Mets to show the same bravado.
Let's not be nice. Let's win and play hard and tough and show the rest of the league that we're really a team to be reckoned with.
The game is available in NY on SNY, on MLB extra innings and MLB.com
I'll be posting a few posts over the weekend.

No comments: